- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons powdered garlic
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons whole yellow mustard seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed celery seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole celery seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried crushed oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried crushed thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole allspice seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 6 tablespoons Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons ketchup or tomato-based barbecue sauce
- 2 slabs baby back ribs (about 4 pounds)
Recipe courtesy of Meathead Goldwyn.
- To make the seasoning, mix all ingredients in a bowl. Store in an airtight jar. Makes about 1 cup.
- To make the sauce and ribs, mix 2 tablespoons seasoning mix with vinegar, water and barbecue sauce in a bowl. Makes about 1 cup.
- Grill or bake ribs, basting with sauce. When done, sprinkle liberally with seasoning mix.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: